The La Crosse City Vision Foundation™ is supporting these ongoing projects:
- Downtown riverfront and river walk beautification.
- Funding for the construction of special attractions.
- Annual Christmas decorations for downtown streets.
Safe-Cam Project Overview
• Purchase and installation of 41 cameras in downtown La Crosse. The cameras will be accessible to the La Crosse Police Department 24/7. The fundraising goal of $475,000 includes a reserve to add camera in the future.
• The cameras will be visible, labeled "La Crosse Police Department" and positioned to monitor public areas, such as streets, sidewalks, alleys and parking ramps.
• Timeline goals: Fundraising completed by June 30,2013 with systems installed and operational by September 2013.
• The systems will be primarily passive, meaning video files typically will be reviewed after an incident occurs.
Safe-Cam Project Benefits
• The system will make Downtown La Crosse a safer place to live, work, shop and dine. The system could be a crime deterrent if it is known that we have a state-of-the-art Safe-Cam system in place. A safer downtown will benefit existing downtown businesses and help with the recruitment of additional businesses.
• The system will result in investigative efficiencies for the police department. Time spent on investigations could be reduced significantly, and criminals could be apprehended sooner. Video evidence could result in fewer criminal court cases for our court system. These efficiencies should decrease costs and ultimately benefit society (and taxpayers)
• The system will help with police personnel safety and public safety during an incident or emergency.
La Crosse City Vision Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization.
Please send your tax deductible donation to:
La Crosse City Vision Foundation
PO Box 0175
La Crosse WI 54602
FIDO: Mississippi River travelers will soon be greeted by a cute Highland Terrier dog named Fido. The friendly Terrier will be added to the Simpler Time sculpture in Riverside Park and will help the children greet travelers as they pass by. Mike Martino, local artisan, has designed and created the bronze statue. Dedication of Fido is scheduled for October, 2009. Under the sculpture is a brick plaza lined with names of generous donors. Support the Fido project by sponsoring a brick in remembrance of a special person or pet. There are a limited number of bricks available. Contact Us before ordering.
A Simpler Time: Mississippi River travelers are greeted by these two charming children, waiting on the levee at Riverside Park and waving their welcome. What could bring more joy to a community than its children at play? These bronze statues were created by artist Michael Martino and were dedicated in 2006. At the feet of the children is a brick plaza lined with the names of our generous donors. Be a part of "A Simpler Time" project by sponsoring a brick today. There are a limited number of bricks available. Contact Us before ordering.
A Gift of Time - A Timeless Gift: With the addition of a clock in the plaza at the end of Main Street visitors have a place not only to check the time but also to gather and enjoy the view of historic downtown La Crosse. The Foundation wanted to bring back a bit of history in a "timeless" way. This spot is a great place for photos to be taken, and presents a solid foundation to a wonderful downtown business district. Be a part of the "A Gift of Time" project by sponsoring a brick today. There are a limited number of bricks available in the 4x8 and 12x12 brick size. Contact Us before ordering.
Holiday Lights: Each year the Foundation organizes the effort to place holiday lights and decorations along the streets in downtown La Crosse. The Foundation plans to expand the holiday decorations in the downtown area annually.
Please contact us at: email@example.com